Friday, February 22, 2008

It's finally over

Dear Family,
Our beloved father, Ernest Paul "Pete" Kees passed this evening at 7:30 p.m. Donny, Chuck and I were honored to be with him. He fought long and valiantly but could not cheat death. Dad lived large and loved life, and we will always love and miss him unbearably. But we also realize that he is in a better place, and we were praying for his suffering to end. We all went together to tell Mom. She will grieve and miss him more than anyone else, but I feel that she will persevere. Mom is so much stronger than even she knows, and with God's help, she'll get through this. She didn't want Dad to suffer any more either. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping our family in your prayers. My heart aches for my Uncle Mike who is away on a mission and won't be here to be with us. I know you're hurting too, Uncle Mike, but we're all where we're supposed to be.

Visitation will be Monday evening from 6 to 8 at Leonard Johnson Funeral Home in Marmet. The funeral will be Tuesday at 2 PM at the funeral home. The obituary should be in Sunday's paper.

I'm going to bed now. I'm tired.

Love to all,
Peggy

No comments: